Cover Image + file

esteban esteban

Cover Image + file

This post was updated on .
First, I just want to say that I love Modizer. I have used it since your initial release in the Apple app store. I listen to lots of music across a variety of formats, but Modizer's support of .hes (PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 console) is the #1 reason I love it. Thank you.

I apologize in advance if my questions below reveal my ignorance of iOS's underpinnings.  ;)

QUERY
(1) I know that double-tapping a .gif/.jpg/.png will allow me to assign the image as COVER ART for a particular folder/file. Is there another way to associate images with files? If so, what do I need to know about the file structure?

(2) Assume I take the time to assign cover art to a collection of .hes files. Is there a way to export/share this collection with fellow Modizer users? I want to provide "instant gratification" to fellow TG-16/Modizer fans and eliminate the laborious task of adding cover art.

(3) Thank you!

Re: Cover Image + file

hi,
in fact the structure is pretty simple. When playing a file, modizer check:
- 1st, if a file with the same filename but a .jpg, .png, .gif exists in the same directory. If yes,
it is used as cover.
- 2nd, if nothing was found, it checks if a "folder.jpg" or "folder.png" or "folder.gif" named file exists.
if yes, it is used as cover.

Example of a directory content:
- folder.jpg
- game_music1.hes
- game_music1.png
- game_music2.hes
- game_music2.gif
- game_music3.hes

when playing game_music1.hes, game_music1.png will be displayed
when playing game_music2.hes, game_music2.gif will be displayed
when playing game_music3.hes, folder.jpg will be displayed

you can directly upload files using the builtin ftp server or use any specific tools if you iOS device is jailbroken (diskaid, ...)
esteban esteban

Re: Cover Image + file

Thank you very much for answering all of my questions.

As you can imagine, I am thrilled that I will be able to do everything I wanted to do with relatively little effort—yay!

Thanks again ;)