Quantcast

Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

skywalka skywalka

Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

Hi Yohann,

I got very excited when I stumbled across the swipe to rename feature!

I thought I could name "The Wilderness (Loader)", "The Wilderness", "The Inner Sanctum" etc

Please make it possible to rename SID SubTunes! They need this feature more than any other format!

Thanks!

Re: Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

Hi

It is a mistake,  files in an archive or subsong should not be renamed
I ll fix this (deactivate the rename button for these cases)  in next version

Le 19 févr. 2017 6:39 AM, "skywalka [via MODIZER]" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Yohann,

I got very excited when I stumbled across the swipe to rename feature!

I thought I could name "The Wilderness (Loader)", "The Wilderness", "The Inner Sanctum" etc

Please make it possible to rename SID SubTunes! They need this feature more than any other format!

Thanks!

http://modizer.988727.n3.nabble.com/Feature-Request-Rename-SID-SubTunes-tp4024150.html
To start a new topic under General Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MODIZER, click here.
NAML
skywalka skywalka

Re: Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

You couldn't just create a little database & display a different title without altering the actual SID file?

Please?

Re: Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

it is possible but it will be adding complexity with the potential issues related to it for what looks to me a (very) limited benefit.
Could you explain me in more details how useful this would be for you ?

http://modizer.988727.n3.nabble.com/Feature-Request-Rename-SID-SubTunes-tp4024150p4024158.html
To start a new topic under General Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MODIZER, click here.
NAML

skywalka skywalka

Re: Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

Here are the titles of the 11 SubTunes of The Last Ninja:

(#1)
   NAME: The Wilderness (loader)
 AUTHOR: Anthony Lees
(#2)
   NAME: Palace Gardens (loader)
 AUTHOR: Anthony Lees
COMMENT: 'I did six tunes for LN, the first of which was the one involving the
         creepy jungle music (....which was and still is my favourite) - the
         inspiration is hard to nail down, but it was probably the film
         'Apocalypse Now' - very dense, troubled and scary moods were evoked.'
         (Comment from Anthony Lees)
(#3)
   NAME: The Wastelands (loader)
 AUTHOR: Ben Daglish
(#4)
   NAME: The Palace (loader)
 AUTHOR: Anthony Lees
(#5)
   NAME: The Inner Sanctum (loader)
 AUTHOR: Anthony Lees
COMMENT: Interesting comment in this binary: 'DONE BY ANTHONY LEES FOR SYSTEM 3
         ON 5/4/87...EAT YER HEART OUT GALWAY!'.
(#6)
   NAME: The Wastelands
 AUTHOR: Ben Daglish
(#7)
   NAME: The Wilderness
 AUTHOR: Ben Daglish
(#8)
   NAME: Palace Gardens
 AUTHOR: Ben Daglish
(#9)
   NAME: The Dungeons
 AUTHOR: Anthony Lees
(#10)
   NAME: The Palace
 AUTHOR: Anthony Lees
(#11)
   NAME: The Dungeons (loader)
 AUTHOR: Ben Daglish
COMMENT: This is also the tune for 'The Inner Sanctum'.

It is really difficult to remember which SubTune is which because there are so many. If you've played the game they also aren't in order which makes it harder again. These problems are prevalent on other SIDs too.

Re: Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

Ok, in this case I’ll see if I can rely on the HVSC infos & display ‘on the fly’, subsong names when available.

http://modizer.988727.n3.nabble.com/Feature-Request-Rename-SID-SubTunes-tp4024150p4024164.html
To start a new topic under General Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MODIZER, click here.
NAML

skywalka skywalka

Re: Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

Wonderful!

Thanks so much!
skywalka skywalka

Re: Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

Thanks again Johann. It works!
skywalka skywalka

Re: Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!

Hi Johann.

Can the SubTune name please be added to the Now Playing screen?

Thanks again.
On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 at 15:36, skywalka [via MODIZER] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks again Johann. It works!

http://modizer.988727.n3.nabble.com/Feature-Request-Rename-SID-SubTunes-tp4024150p4024184.html
To start a new topic under General Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Feature Request: Rename SID SubTunes!, click here.