File formats

sad_muso sad_muso

File formats

Hello,

First off - the best app on the app store hands down! Listening to millions of Sega Mega Drive tracks has taken me back!

Just wondering if there's a list somewhere showing all the supported file formats?

Just tried to put some of my SNES collection on (.rsn) and these don't show!

Thanks

sad_muso

Re: File formats

  a list of all supported formats can be found in the "about" page.

  Regarding rsn files, they are supported when downloaded from the integrated web browser. Basically rsn files are uncompressed just after download.

  In next version I plan to also support archives (zip, rar, 7z, ...) but I have some issues to fix first...

  So right the best is either to (re)download your rsn files directly from modizer or to uncompress them before putting them into modizer. You can rename the file to .rar to let them be identified as rar archive by your favorite tool (rsn files are rar files).
ronfar623 ronfar623

Re: File formats

Is ZIP support planned for 1.2, or a future release?  Thanks for your hard work.

Re: File formats

ZIP support is implemented in my current WIP version but I don't have implemented a good way to manage multiple files in a single zip file. Basically the issue is you can have files with multiple songs (nsf, hes, ...) and if you put mutiple nsf files in a single zip file you have basically 2 layers of multiple entries.
zip => file1.nsf  => song 1
                      => song 2
                      => song3
         file2.nsf   => song 1
                      => song 2

I still have to find an efficient way to manage this from the user interface...

Re: File formats

7z, zip, rar/rsn, lha/lhz are now supported. When playing files from an archive, the next  & previous subsong buttons will change the file in the archive. If the file currently played has subsong you can change it by using a new button 'S' which appear near the "I" info button...
duchemole duchemole

Re: File formats

hi
while doing some tests with modizer (thanks for your nice and useful app !!!), i noticed that it lacked some formats that i use, such as:
- S98 (fm tunes coming from japanese pc (pc8801/X1/PC9801/whatever ...)
- new vgm format (mostly from arcade games, can be found here) http://vgm.mdscene.net/forum/index.php
- i have difficulties with Kss files using scc
- would be nice to support playlists (such as m3u, as example, some hes musics don't start on the first song, you have to search when playing ...)

thanks again for your great app !!!
sad_muso sad_muso

Re: File formats

Hi!

I don't think this was supposed to go to me - I'm a user of Modizer but am not the author!

Quality app though eh!

Cheers

On 16 Jul 2012, at 11:15, "duchemole [via MODIZER]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi
while doing some tests with modizer (thanks for your nice and useful app !!!), i noticed that it lacked some formats that i use, such as:
- S98 (fm tunes coming from japanese pc (pc8801/X1/PC9801/whatever ...)
- new vgm format (mostly from arcade games, can be found here) http://vgm.mdscene.net/forum/index.php
- i have difficulties with Kss files using scc
- would be nice to support playlists (such as m3u, as example, some hes musics don't start on the first song, you have to search when playing ...)

thanks again for your great app !!!

http://modizer.988727.n3.nabble.com/File-formats-tp2619539p4023938.html
To unsubscribe from File formats, click here.
NAML
duchemole duchemole

RE: File formats

ah, sorry, first time i use the forum
i'll retry
have a nice day

Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 04:35:34 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: File formats

[...]

http://modizer.988727.n3.nabble.com/File-formats-tp2619539p4023939.html
To unsubscribe from File formats, click here.
NAML
sad_muso sad_muso

Re: File formats

No worries!