Folders

Alexander.Winter.Rgbg Alexander.Winter.Rgbg

Folders

Hi! How can i make more folders for a way better overview of all my mod-files and the sid-files?
Dragging my folders into iTunes (the file exchange section on the app) doesnt work. It just allows me to throw single or multiple files into it but not folders.

Is there any solution? And before i forget about it, i didnt manage to get the ftp transfer working. I think its because of my win 7 settings. Using Filezilla, Opera and Speedcommander as client. Ftp works fine when trying on the net. Just not when trying to get a wifi connection on the ipad2. And me as a dumb enduser am not able to find the error. *sigh*

I dont want to have to compress all the files. It takes ages in modizer to unpack and when used there is a bug with the names in the playlist. It then just displays zipfilename@zip# instead of the title or filename it plays.
I tried various zips and 7z files. They can be accessed with modizer up to a certain size limit. A 1.3 GByte 7z file crashes modizer. I think the ipad has too less memory for unpacking then.

Oh and please excuse my bad english. Im no native speaker.

Regards, Alex

P.S.: the iPad is not jailbroken.

Re: Folders

  hi,
when using ftp, can you check that you have
- activated ftp in settings/ftp
- used the ip address that is displayed in the same screen on your iphone, once the server is running

if it doesn't work maybe it's linked to some firewall issues...

regarding archives (zip, 7z, rar,...) it's the current normal behaviour to have file_name@xxx with xxx being the index of the file in the archive. I'll need to rework this sooner or later, but it's not a bug.

I'll think about having a kind of mini filemanager embedded into modizer to let you create/remove folders and move files.
Alexander.Winter.Rgbg Alexander.Winter.Rgbg

Re: Folders

I activated the ftp Server in modizer and tried to connect to the adress its been showing me. Forgot to mention this, sorry. That was the reason i thought it must have something to do with my windows settings. I resetted my firewall settings meanwhile but that didnt help me with my problem. Ftp from the internet is still working fine though.

Filename handling: ok i didnt know this was intentional. So it for sure is ok for me until you rework this in the future sometimes.

As for an embedded mini filemanager... I REALLY would appreciate this one! :D Would make things alot easier on my side. And i bet im not alone... ;)

Best Regards, Alex

Alexander.Winter.Rgbg Alexander.Winter.Rgbg

Re: Folders

I finally managed to get ftp working. *whew*

Its been some weird setting in my Netgear router. I had to explicitly register the ipad with my routers wifi settings in the "Zugriffsliste für WLAN-Geräte" (translation: Accesslist for WLAN-Devices). Since i did this all's fine now.
Strange that i had to do this. My iPad had full internet connection without this setting enabled. And i've been able to transfer data over wifi to and from other apps on the iPad before this change.
Well... It's working now and that's a good thing.
Uploading parts of my mod collection atm. 30k mods and counting down. Heh Heh.

I got one question though. Is there any reason why the playlist is limited to 4096 entries? Memory issue perhaps? I know an iPad has only limited resources.

Best regards, Alex