Quantcast

Long wish list

duchemole duchemole

Long wish list

Hi
First, i'd like to thank you for your very useful app that i use every day (my ios devices are crowded of various formats chiptunes)
I'd have some requests, that i'd really hope to be released, someday ...

- mainly, i'd like the vgm format to be update, about a year ago, things have moved, and now, the format can emulate many systems (mainly arcade games, but also neogeo, vectrex, pcengine, japanese pc, pinballs, etc ...)
You can have a look at http://vgm.mdscene.net/forum/ (when it's online)
I've contributed a bit, ripping some games musics (as i did on some megadrive musics long ago), but there are so many arcade games left to rip !!!

- s98 support would be great (japanese pc, some are findable as vgm or mdx, but s98 format is definitly better for that purpose, especially considering that everything is easily findable on that format)

- m3u playlists would be great, mainly for one reason, when reading a hes/kss music (pcengine/msx), musics are compiled in a single file, and sometimes (often on kss), music start from randomly late numbers (such as 100, or others)

- kss is non working properly (on all scc musics i've tried)

- 2ds format would be nice (as well as strm format, used for streamed ds musics)

- a simple mixer, with individual sliders or even just on/off switches to mute/unmute tracks would be nice (i understand it can be a complicated request, as each format has different polyphony)

- some exotics amiga format are still non working (but work in deliplayer)

Thanks again for your software, and hope that i won't be alone to expect these updates !!!
mistydemeo mistydemeo

Re: Long wish list

Hi, duchemole,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM, duchemole [via MODIZER]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> First, i'd like to thank you for your very useful app that i use every day
> (my ios devices are crowded of various formats chiptunes)
> I'd have some requests, that i'd really hope to be released, someday ...
>
> - mainly, i'd like the vgm format to be update, about a year ago, things
> have moved, and now, the format can emulate many systems (mainly arcade
> games, but also neogeo, vectrex, pcengine, japanese pc, pinballs, etc ...)
> You can have a look at http://vgm.mdscene.net/forum/ (when it's online)
> I've contributed a bit, ripping some games musics (as i did on some
> megadrive musics long ago), but there are so many arcade games left to rip
> !!!

There is a newer version of the VGM library Modizer uses; I'm not sure
if it supports those formats better, however.

> - s98 support would be great (japanese pc, some are findable as vgm or mdx,
> but s98 format is definitly better for that purpose, especially considering
> that everything is easily findable on that format)

I'd like to see S98 support too. modizer uses a library called Audio
Overload for playing back many formats, and the next version of Audio
Overload is likely to have S98 support; it should be possible then. In
the meanwhile, there's a standalone player called S98Player available.

> - kss is non working properly (on all scc musics i've tried)

Can you give some examples?

> - some exotics amiga format are still non working (but work in deliplayer)

Again, can you give some examples?

Misty
duchemole duchemole

Re: Long wish list

Hi
Just tried these arcade vgm with modizer, they don't work, no sound
It says 4ch, but concerned hardware has often more
About kss, i was unlucky as i played snatcher, and from 87th song, it goes nut, i'll have to test another dump, maybe my file is corrupted
About amiga, i remember i wanted and could not open darkseed musics, i'll make further tests and will be more precise
jrlepage jrlepage

Re: Long wish list

duchemole wrote
- mainly, i'd like the vgm format to be update, about a year ago, things have moved, and now, the format can emulate many systems (mainly arcade games, but also neogeo, vectrex, pcengine, japanese pc, pinballs, etc ...)
You can have a look at http://vgm.mdscene.net/forum/ (when it's online)
Yes, I can definitely support that. There is loads more to the VGM format than just Sega Genesis and Sega MasterSystem. Having the ability to play NES, Gameboy, PC-Engine, OPL3, arcade etc. VGMs on the go would be a godsend! I believe VGMPlay is open-source; I don't pretend to know much about programming (let alone programming for iOS), but in my opinion that should make things easier as far as implementing proper VGM support in Modizer goes. ( 'w')
Follow me on Twitter.
caitsith2 caitsith2

Re: Long wish list

Ditto with the m3u support.  I have a number of gbs sets that have m3u playlists, which organize the track numbers, song titles, play time, etc...
duchemole duchemole

Re: Long wish list

hi
sorry for the long latency, i've made further tests about what i said

snatcher (kss format) is definitly not working properly, musics (from about 90 sub song) are doing non sense things

m3u file really should be supported, especially regarding hes or kss formats, that have tons of sub songs (and sometimes, musics are really far from the beginning)

i mentionned some amiga exotic formats that were non working, i've tried all of them (at least, those i could find in my archives), and say that sdnh format is not seen, mdat and dum don't work
it's just as information, as i really don't care much about these formats, just noticed while trying "ah, they don't work", that's all ...

updated VGM format would be REALLY nice, as there are more and more upcoming musics every weeks, community is very active and evolving (running as well arcade and neo geo, but also pc dos, pc engine, pinballs, nes, and many others systems in this format)
http://vgm.mdscene.net/forum/index.php
have a look here, valleybell is very active and competent on that subject (thanks to him, for being so patient with my mistakes while making some vgm rips)

as i mentionned too, S98 format would be nice, as well as 2SF format
and possibly many more chiptunes formats ...

since its last update, your app is way more stable than before, congratulations !!!!

thanks