Quantcast

Mini-PSF format buggy

jsramos jsramos

Mini-PSF format buggy

Hello, YoyoFR.

I've just recently bought your app and up to yesterday I thought it was awesome. I tried to play several of the PSF archives available at Zophar.net (such as Final Fantasy VII soundtrack, available at http://www.zophar.net/download_file/16393) and apparently SexyPSF does not support the separation of music from instrument definition provided by the miniPSF format. Other archives that are some megabytes in size (such as http://www.zophar.net/download_file/20288) are played without problems.

Further research revealed that SexyPSF is now a dormant project, and I dont know if you will continue evolving this module, but if you don't, consider this an issue report from an almost happy customer.

Re: Mini-PSF format buggy

hi,
there is no issue with SexyPSF. In fact minipsf are working well when it is not in an archive (zip, rar, ...)
I discovered there is a bug in v1.2: when the minipsf files are packed in an archive, the libpsf file is not extracted from the archive, that is why it is not working.
It will be fixed in v1.3
Meanwhile what you can do is:
- use the modland collection since it contains lots of psf/minipsf files (ff7 is available). Just do "browse", "modland collection", "format/artists/...","playstation sound format" and then choose what you want.
Please ensure to download first the libpsf file.
- extract the .rar file from zophar on your computer then send the extracted files to modizer either by using iTunes (drag'n'drop in the modizer document dir) or using an ftp software & the ftp server included in modizer
jsramos jsramos

Re: Mini-PSF format buggy

Thanks a lot, YoyoFR! I suspected as much, since I found other players using SexyPSF after my initial post and had no problems. Just out of curiosity, when can we expect version 1.3?
I'm a happy customer again!

BTW, loved your work on Snes9x TYL :)

Re: Mini-PSF format buggy

thanks ;-)
If apple was more 'opened' to emulation, I would probably had ported snes9xtyl & other things on iOS devices. maybe one day ;-) ...

v1.3 should be ready very soon, I've got a couple of bugs to fix and ensure it's more stable than v1.2.
I think end of July is a good target.