Modizer v1.2 is progressing well. Here is the progress so far :
- New logo/splashscreen/background by Steve Miele
- BROWSER: more infos displayed : length(wrong if more than one song), channels, songs.
- BROWSER: waiting screen when long requests are processed.
- GSF support: play all your GBA files! iPhone 4 or faster device recommanded.
- ASAP support: better Atari/Pokey support.
- PLAYER: new button to activate Subsong picker
- PLAYER: visualization selector enhanced.
- MODPLUG: better detection of Noisetracker mod to fix tempo issue.
- MODPLUG: resampling mode option was broken in v1.1.
- PLAYLIST: fixed wrong order issue when moving entries.
- PLAYLIST: quit "Edit" mode when closing popup.
- PLAYER: removed auto scrolling for title, improving performance.
Festalon is actually too slow for 3G & 3GS (it computes everything in float & not integer), so I'll stick with blargg's GME. I was able to get the latest version (pre 0.6) from kode54 and it sounds very good (VRC7, MMC5, FDS ...)
GSF (gameboy advance) playback is too slow for 3G and 3GS can barely handle it (as soon as something is done on the UI, like displaying info or playlist, it can become choppy). So GSF will be mostly for fastest devices owners (iPhone4, iPad, latest iPod).