v1.3 is available.
[Improvements] - PLAYER: last visu set up now kept when turning off/on.
- PLAYER: larger touch area for Info button.
- DUMB: add of new module playback lib, should be more accurate than modplug.
- COVERFLOW: optimized. iPhone 3GS or faster recommended.
- BROWSER/PLAYER: playback of only 1 entry within an archive (zip, rsn, rar, gz, 7z) is now supported.
- SID: add of a new option for Filter emulation on/off (both for SID1 & SID2)
- SETTINGS: added a global panning setting (usefull when using headphones).
- BROWSER: added a limit to files list when too much entries.
- GLOBAL: disable auto screen lock only when plugged & battery is charging.
- PLAYER: now start on a random entry when random mode is active and a new list is started.
[BugFixes] - GLOBAL: fixed crash issue (timeout) on loading.
- SETTINGS/PLAYER: removed "resume on launch" since it caused crash issue.
- PLAYER: fixed glow issue when tapping play/pause/... buttons.
- MODPLUG: settings were not applied at launch.
- GLOBAL: fixed crash issue / filesystem access.
- ASAP: fixed wrong filesize reported.
- PSF: fixed a crash on load issue.
- BROWSER: when in a list (search string), after selecting an entry, was scrolled to top.
- mini formats: fixed issue of lib file loading when included in an archive (rar, zip, ...).
With this new version I noticed that the playback of seiken densetsu 3 SPC files (downloaded from zophar.net) is very different than it has to be (and than it was with the previous modizer version). By the way, other SPC files playback seems to be fine. Could you please take a look (ear) at it :)
Could you give me more details please ? I had a short listening to the first tracks and it was not obvious when comparing playback in iPhone simulator & youtube version (for ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS52j0IU1D0&feature=related)
What I would need is something like : track number & playback time, for ex: track 3, at 0:34...
Every seiken densetsu 3 track is played different from the original version (I think the instruments are not the good ones)
You can try with "315 The Sacrifice, Part Three.spc" from the archive on zophar.net and this youtube video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xo9CgaTUi0 There are no drums in Modizer v1.3 playback (I will try to record it and post it when I come home for lunch to be sure that you and I listen to the same)
thank you :)
edit: not every song is different but some of them are : you can try with "210 Nuclear Fusion.spc" too. Modizer doesn't play the drums whereas in "220 Strange Medicine.spc" it is OK
did you upgrade GME library between version 1.2 and version 1.3 ? if it is the case you could just revert to the previous version in order to make it work like it was before (if the API didn't change too much) ?
I really love the seiken densetsu 3 sound tracks so if I can help you find the bug faster I will be pleased to do it :)