Quantcast

Octamed tunes

cefa68000 cefa68000

Octamed tunes

Octamed mods sounds very wrong i think it need a better player. Maybe using deliplayer to play octamed mods would be better than modplug. Digibooster tunes are also sound wrong depending on which version of digibooster.

Re: Octamed tunes

try to use « UADE » as default mode player (settings/global) and tell me if it fixes your issue.
in upcoming next version (2.6) I forced Octamed files with UADE.

Le 13 févr. 2017 à 17:24, cefa68000 [via MODIZER] <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Octamed mods sounds very wrong i think it need a better player. Maybe using deliplayer to play octamed mods would be better than modplug. Digibooster tunes are also sound wrong depending on which version of digibooster.

http://modizer.988727.n3.nabble.com/Octamed-tunes-tp4024136.html
To start a new topic under General Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MODIZER, click here.
NAML

cefa68000 cefa68000

Re: Octamed tunes

It seems to work for now but Octamed MMD3 still uses ModPlug and sounds wrong.
For example Modland/Kalsu/dose.mmd3 should sound like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KqxEHV-Jy4
skywalka skywalka

Re: Octamed tunes

Wow, that is different at the 1 minute mark. I had to doublecheck it was the same song!

Re: Octamed tunes

seems to be an issue with current players: libopenmpt does not play correctly octamed files and UADE has no player for mmd3/mmd4.
I did a quick test with libxmp and it sounds ok.
If you have time to test with it (xmp exists as standalone player or as plugin for winamp and maybe other popular player) I’ll be happy to have some feedback.
I think I can add xmp in next release to play (at least) octamed files

http://modizer.988727.n3.nabble.com/Octamed-tunes-tp4024136p4024139.html