Quantcast

Sega Saturn and PSF playback

rmp rmp

Sega Saturn and PSF playback

Since the latest update, playback of the Nights into Dreams Soundtrack has been stuttering, and I'm pretty sure it played more smoothly in the last version. I am using an iPhone 5, running iOS 9.3.5

Also, not a new issue, but I find the reverb and interpolation options for PSF playback using SexyPSF don't sound good. The fake reverb makes tracks like Final Fantasy 7's Hurry! sound wrong, and the interpolation options beside gaussian leave still leave high frequency artifacts, which the real reverb picks up, compounding the problem. Gaussian interpolation muffles the sound too much, and from what I've read, the playstation didn't use audio interpolation, but a da converter to achieve the effect.

I do want to say I love the app and am very excited to see you update it, and I appreciate the updates you've made to Vgmplay playback, and Vgmstream support is a great surprise in the update.

Re: Sega Saturn and PSF playback

Hello,

thanks for reporting this.
Regarding dreamcast playback, did you try to change the settings (plugins/aosdk) ? I decreased a bit the audio buffer size in v2.6 but not changed the aosdk code, so performance should be similar.
Also try to deactivate any visualiser.

Le 18 févr. 2017 à 15:44, rmp [via MODIZER] <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

http://modizer.988727.n3.nabble.com/Sega-Saturn-and-PSF-playback-tp4024146.html
To start a new topic under General Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MODIZER, click here.
NAML

rmp rmp

Re: Sega Saturn and PSF playback

I'm not using a visualizer, but lowering the SSF emu ratio setting from 15 to 5 or 1 in AOSDK seems to mitigate the problem. May I ask what the setting is or what changing it does? Either way, thank you for the help.