Select subsongs for playlists

c-Row c-Row

Select subsongs for playlists

Hi yoyofr,

will there be an option to add certain subsongs only to a playlist rather than the complete file and all its subsongs at some point? There are several SID files which include sound effects and short jingles or even blank subsongs, and they all interrupt the listening experience

Cheers,
Thomas

Re: Select subsongs for playlists

hi,
subsongs selection for playlist will be in v1.6 and have the same support as the local browser (so not for all formats). I'll try to add support for SID files as well (currently not supported in local browser)
c-Row c-Row

Re: Select subsongs for playlists

Just read the 1.6 changes on the main page. Thanks a lot!  :)
c-Row c-Row

Re: Select subsongs for playlists

Just installed 1.6 - works great!

Sorry to be a pest, but... any chance to add TFMX to the supported list of this feature?

Re: Select subsongs for playlists

Hi, TFMX and other UADE only format will be hard to add since there is no simple way to get the number of subsongs. it would require either to:
- launch UADE emulation when browsing file => it will be too slow!
- implement a TFMX file reader => I've no doc on this... I'll try to find some infos on the web.
c-Row c-Row

Re: Select subsongs for playlists

One way to get around this might be to allow the user to "pin" a tracklist entry to the subsong currently playing. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about finding out whether or not a song has subsongs - if the user selected it, it must have been there in the first place. This would of course require the option to add a song to a tracklist more than once if you want to add more than one of its subsongs. On the upside, this would work for every format Modizer can play I guess.